Upon activating the work of the Public Council of the State Audit Office, a new composition thereof has been approved. The Public Council exercises the functions of an adviser to the Council of the State Audit Office and in co-operation with the State Audit Office informs and raises public awareness about audit findings of the State Audit Office, urging State and local government institutions to use the funds of the public sector in an economical, economic and expedient manner.
“Co-operation with the public is an essential part of the daily work of any supreme audit institution in a democratic state. Only through mutual co-operation we are able to make a difference in public administration that we all are looking forward to. I am convinced that the Public Council in its new composition will work effectively by supporting the audit work of the State Audit Office and strengthening public understanding about the role of an independent audit institution. We are looking forward to fruitful co-operation,” Elita Krūmiņa, Auditor General, emphasises.
The following persons are included in the composition of the Public Council of the State Audit Office:
- Iveta Reinholde, associate professor, Head of the Department of Political Science at the University of Latvia Faculty of Social Sciences,
- Signe Bāliņa, professor, President of the Latvian Information and Communications Technology Association,
- Jānis Endziņš, lawyer, Chairperson of the Board at the Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
- Deniss Hanovs, professor, Rīga Stradiņš University,
- Ivars Kalviņš, professor, Chairperson of the Scientific Council at the Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis,
- Iveta Kažoka, researcher, Director of the Centre for Public Policy PROVIDUS,
- Edgars Pastars, constitutional law expert,
Pēteris Strautiņš, economist, AS Luminor Bank.