International cooperation concept
The State Audit Office continues to be an important player in the international audit community and provider of support by ensuring training in public sector auditing to other national supreme audit institutions, implementing its mandate as a member of the EUROSAI Governing Board, participating as a member of the OECD Audit Committee, and participating in INTOSAI and Contact Committee collaboration formats. We also value the demonstration of excellence in our work at the international level, as it promotes the growth of the State Audit Office and promotes the achievement of Latvia’s foreign policy goals.
In the international arena, the State Audit Office targets its activities in five directions:
- applies for / holds elected positions in INTOSAI and EUROSAI governing and other bodies, for example, cooperation platform of the Supreme Audit Institutions of the Member States of the European Union and the European Court of Auditors - the Contact Committee;
- acts as an auditor of international organizations;
- ensures participation in and professional contribution to the work of INTOSAI, EUROSAI and Contact Committee international working groups, strengthens the capacity of the State Audit Office, using the knowledge and experience gained in international cooperation;
- provides development and other support to supreme audit institutions of other countries and offering international consulting services as a professional, highly qualified, and experienced consultant in public sector auditing, and
- develops and publishes articles related to public sector auditing in international journals.